See www.zabbix.com for the official Zabbix site.
Screen element to show last value of one item
Owner: Alexey Fukalov
Zabbix has screen element 'Plain text' which is used to display item 'N' lastvalues. Though even if it's configured to display only one last value, element layout contains a table, which in situation with only one value is not convenient.
Add new screen element for single item last value display. Element layout should be optimized for displaying one value.
- element name is 'Single value'
- element is available in normal and template screens
- element header contains host and item name, separated with a colon (no additional spaces). Only positional macros should be resolved in configuration section, all macros should be resolved in monitoring)
- if there are triggers in problem state associated with element's item, element background is colored to highest trigger severity. Custom severity colours should be obeyed
- default background color is white
element has these configurable options:
- Item: Item selection.
- Show text as HTML: checkbox
- Width: number (default value: 200)
- Height: number (default value: 350)
- this might be a great chance to introduce some more auto-scaling. maybe drop width/height (or offer them as options) and auto-scale this text ? --Richlv (talk) 11:24, 16 October 2012 (SAST)
- Horizontal align: Left, Center, Right
- Vertical align: Top, Middle, Bottom
- Column span: number
- Row span: number
- Dynamic: checkbox. Available in normal screens only.
Item value displaying
- if value is numeric, font scales to 50% of element's body height
- if item value type is text, character or log, default font size is used, text can wrap, and if it does not fit in element, vertical and horizontal scrollbars are shown
- value is displayed in the center of the element
- unit conversions are applied to value
- value mapping is applied to value. format: "<mapped_value> (<original_value>)"
- if 'Show as HTML' is set, value is not escaped and displayed inside element as HTML.
- CScreen, CTemplateScreen and CScreenItem should support new element type.