See www.zabbix.com for the official Zabbix site.
More user friendly addition of new map elements
Status: Draft, not ready for comments
Currently it takes too much clicks to add several hosts to a map. Usability of map editing should be improved.
- Map editing form will be extended to have two tabs: 'Map' and 'Edit'
- 'Map' will contain map details currently available in map details form (Name, Width, Height, etc)
- 'Edit' will display map for editing along with some controls
New tab: Edit
- The tab will have two columns, one for control and another form for the map
- List of controls in the left column:
- Button 'Add host' to add hosts selected in a popup
- Button 'Add host group'
- Button 'Add image'
- Button 'Add submap'
- Button 'Add trigger'
- Button 'Align icons'
- Radio button 'Expand macros': 'Show as is'/'Expand'
- Radio button 'Show grid': 'Yes'/'No'
- Radio button 'Align to grid': 'On'/'Off'
- Radio button Grid: '20x20', 40x40', etc
- A newly added element should be automatically selected and element editing form displayed
- A newly added hosts will be added starting from left-top location and the left->right and top->down with respected alignment settings
- Top-left corner of all selected elements will display 'X' icon for one-click removal of the selected element
- Zabbix Manual: update existing screenshots
- Perhaps map editing should be made same style as the graph form, i.e. map level details in one tab and map editing in another