See www.zabbix.com for the official Zabbix site.
Value Mapping XML import/export
When exporting hosts or templates, the configured value mappings should also be exported. It should be possible to also import/export value mappings separately and it should be possible to select which value maps to export. When importing value mappings, the rules should provide an option to create new and update existing value mappings from XML.
Exporting and XML structure
- Exporting of all value maps is available to all users with read permissions;
- If there are no value maps to export, the tag <value_maps> is not present in XML;
- Exported value maps should be in a separate tag <value_maps> and should contain the following structure:
<value_maps> <value_map> <name>Host status</name> <mappings> <mapping> <value>0</value> <newvalue>Up</newvalue> </mapping> </mappings> <mappings> <mapping> <value>2</value> <newvalue>Unreachable</newvalue> </mapping> </mappings> </value_map> <value_map> <name>Service state</name> <mappings> <mapping> <value>0</value> <newvalue>Down</newvalue> </mapping> </mappings> <mappings> <mapping> <value>1</value> <newvalue>Up</newvalue> </mapping> </mappings> </value_map> </value_maps>
Importing and validation
- Importing value maps is available to all users providing they can pass the API validation. API validates create/update which is available only to super admins. Thus super admins may import value maps. And only super admins are able to see and select the import rules. The import rules for regular admins are not visible;
- Regular admin cannot separately import value maps, but may import hosts and templates just like before, but has to make sure the value maps already exist otherwise, just like in maps with missing images, there will be an error that corresponding value map cannot be found;
- If XML contains <value_maps> tag, other sub-tags should be present in order to pass validation. The validation for XML should be handled by XmlValidator;
- The interface for value mappings should be made consistent with other lists, providing it with checkboxes on the left side to select value maps and on the bottom there should be two bulk option buttons:
Delete, should be possible to sort value maps by name, limit the amount of records displayed and there should be paging option.
- Add new column
Used in itemsto display if value maps are used in items. If a value map is used in at least one item, show green
Yestext in corresponding table cell.
- At the top right corner there should be
Importbutton which redirects to conf.import.php.
Create newvalue mappings rule should be selected by default when importing Templates, Hosts or Value mappings.
Update existingvalue mappings, there should be a warning message that says:
Value mappings for value maps will be updated!.
- configuration.import method should support import rule valueMaps - object should support parameters:
- createMissing - (boolean) if set to true, new value maps will be created. Default is set to false;
- updateExisting - (boolean) if set to true, existing value maps will be updated and value mappings will be overwritten. Default is set to false;
- configuration.export method should support option valueMaps - array of IDs of value maps to export.
Add new translation strings
Value maps deleted
Cannot delete value maps
Value mappings for value maps will be updated!
Delete selected value maps?
Used in items
No database changes.
- 1.1 fixed default selection of the value mapping rules
- 1.2 added new column
Used in itemsin value map list view