See www.zabbix.com for the official Zabbix site.
Ability to disable SNMP bulk support per interface
Status: An attempt to document something already sort of developed
SNMP bulk get support was implemented, but it turned out that there are many broken implementations. A need to disable bulkget per host/interface is needed.
Apparently a checkbox per interface was implemented. Issue does not talk about layout/design/label of this checkbox.
- There does not seem to be mass update implemented - there's a strange comment on the issue: "now it is unnecessary function in mass update". It does seem to be something people might want to do.
- No support to control this by templates - if there's a known broken device that is discovered with network discovery, there is no way to make it not use bulkget by default, for example.
- Unspecified behaviour of value of this property for non-snmp interfaces - like snmp interface changed to agent, then back
- The new bulk property will be implemented for host interfaces: integer, supported values: 1 - enabled, 2 - disabled, default: 1.
- If an invalid bulk value is provided, the API will trigger an error message: "Incorrect bulk value for interface."
- Hostinterface.massremove and host.massremove will support the new optional bulk parameter in the interfaces parameter.
New translatable strings:
Use bulk requests
Incorrect bulk value for interface.
- The bulk flag will be exported in the bulk tag in the interfaces array.
- When importing a host from an older version of Zabbix, SNMP bulk get will be enabled by default.
- A new field will be added to the interface table:
FIELD |bulk |t_integer |'1' |NOT NULL |ZBX_PROXY
- host section
- snmp section
- API docs:
- host interface reference
- hostinterface.get examples
- change snmp interface to another type then back - was bulk state preserved (both on/off) ?
- change snmp bulk for an interface - was it properly updated in the configuration cache ?