See www.zabbix.com for the official Zabbix site.
Tasklist, according to http://www.theopensourceway.org/book/ :)
- 1 Summary
- 2 Rules
- 3 Infrastructure
- 4 Tools
- 5 Ideas/tasks
- 6 map
- 7 list
|SVN through WebDAV||Richlv||100%||SVN|
|HTTPS for web services||Richlv||100%||using self-signed cert for now|
|Single authentication source||Kodai, Richlv||99%||SSO Information LDAP Information|
|OpenID authentication||0%||Unknown see SSO|
|Initial MySQL tuning||Richlv||90%|
|Pootle setup||Richlv||100%||Pootle installation|
|Setup OSQA||0%||After single auth source is done|
|Setup Gallery||Richlv||0%||After single auth source is done|
|Test backup restore||Richlv||0%|
|Wiki style (skin)||0%|
|Evaluate and add useful mw templates||Richlv||60%|
|Setup Zabbix for .org monitoring||Richlv||80%||Zabbix installation Can't proceed because XML import is broken in trunk - fixed, can proceed (broken again as of 2011.05.12)|
|SVN web frontend||Richlv||100%||Added at https://www.zabbix.org/websvn/|
|attach CIA to via hook||0%|
|mw odt export extension||0%|
|mw book extension||0%|
|mw expandable tree menu||0%|
|mw code highlighting extension||Richlv||100%|
|mw parserfunctions extension||Richlv||100%|
|mw wysiwyg table editor extension||0%|
|mw maps extension||Richlv||100%|
|mw spam blacklist extension||Richlv||100%|
|mw recaptcha extension||Richlv||60%|
|mw calendar extension||Richlv||60%||upcoming event list is badly formatted, especially for day ranges|
|setup mw SVG preview rendering||Richlv||95%||imagemagick failed quite badly; rsvg seems to work, although it also has minor problems - maybe worth looking into it later|
public analysis, public discussion about _everything_
any contributed work must be original work or properly licensed
HTTPS access to all web interfaces - through a self-signed cert currently
Encrypt as much as possible
OpenID authentication to all components? Single password authentication source?
all config stored in svn - what exactly ? probably not whole etc ? specific files ? what about files outside /etc ? maybe keep actual files in svn tree & symlink to them ?
How to handle operating system level updates - automated, manual?
statistic gathering (visitors to .org)
design - logo, themes (mw etc)...
set up log analysis (apache) - awstats, something else ?
- mediawiki (next version of manual is written here ?)
write wiki guidelines (usage of templates, writing summaries, formatting, image naming schemes, way of depicting command input by prefixing with $ # >mysql etc)
if images are added, their respective source images (svg or whatever) must be added - where ? svn, wiki ?
- collection (book)
- odt, pdf, zip export
- expandable tree (CategoryTree or TreeAndMenu ?)
- wysiwyg table editor
- improvements to vector skin - after 1.17
- editing toolbar improvements - after 1.17
- consider FlaggedRevs
- consider table sorting
- consider Translate
- consider Tabber
- consider WikiaStats
consider FCKeditor(see below)
- use MediaWiki's Visual Editor
- mediawiki site
still to add - one to svn viewer once it's set up (http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Templates#Various)
message box (mediawiki Mbox)
formatting - config parameters
- svn web frontend - added for svn.zabbix.com and zabbix.org at https://www.zabbix.org/websvn/
- svn hooks (postcommit cia etc)
- should svn be available over non-https connection ? (/etc/apache2/conf.d/subversion.conf, SSLRequireSSL)
- svn uses http/https to be accessible for people behind http proxies
- svn guidelines (formatting, commit messages etc)
- show part of pootle page on mw - language names + coloured bars (api/internal call ? wget/curl/imagemagick ?) - or just msgfmt --statistics + imagemagick ?
- describe translation transition process pootle <-> svn
- what to do with Terminology and Tutorial projects ?
- currently using myisam tables - should it be converted to innodb ? (ALTER TABLE t1 ENGINE=InnoDB;). pootle devel says to stay with myisam for smaller installations -> myisam it is
2 separate approaches
- local Zabbix, monitoring daemon status, os health, db stats, amount of user accounts, translation statistics... running latest trunk as much as possible
- multiple test installs of trunk, 1.8 branch svn head, zabcon...
monitor local frontend, is it up to date (svn log -> if any, report)
monitor checksums, monitor patch availability, use low level discovery
picture gallery (screenshots, events, zabbix, anything)
install html_uploader modules
enable server upload
not, set up at blog.zabbix.com
- Zabbix template gallery - statistics, management etc (stored in svn ?)
- check each uploaded template for validity
- only allow one template per xml file
- disallow linking to other templates or manage dependencies ?
Zabbix user list map
- "zabbix users around the world" - locations with osm integration
- users, partners, service providers with ability to add logo/picture;
- taking picture from gravatar;
- adding description/details (zabbix setups, zabbix expertise etc)
- based on mw maps extension ?
ideally - integrated with the map, a list of zabbix users (logo, name, zabbix stats...)
- irc logger bot - done (using irssi)
- periodically regenerated ircstats
- irc netuiqette
mailing list server ? (translators mailing list etc)
not forum for now - no need to duplicate
- svn ('svnadmin dump' will write the repository to stdout in a 'dumpfile' format. This dumpfile can be loaded later with 'svnadmin load'.)
crontab ? (pootle po file update etc)
Zabbix statistics gathering
could be frontend (php), could be shell script...
needs java :/
Invited to make different icons for different sites. Very useful for those who have a lot of tabs in browser.
About "internal use only" meaning that these icons do not have on any public web server. Their real author (Zalex_UA) enjoys sharing icons for the community.