See www.zabbix.com for the official Zabbix site.
Improve performance of host.create
Owner: Alexei Vladishev
Current implementation of host.create is very slow, it does not take advantage of bulk operations.
The API method host.create should be refactored to provide much better performance.
- All inserts/updated/deletes must always use bulk syntax
- All records must be sorted by ID (primary key) for update and delete operations to avoid deadlocks
- Minimum set of SQL statements must be used
- Update what's new in 2.2
- Minimum number of SQL statements is used
- All SQL update/delete operations are sorted by ID
- Bulk SQL syntax is used for mass operations
- It takes less than 1 sec to create a new host linked to Linux template on a system with 100K of hosts already linked to the Linux template