See www.zabbix.com for the official Zabbix site.
Web monitoring through http proxy
Owner: Alexei, Sasha
Zabbix will support execution of web scenarios using HTTP proxy.
- Web scenario form will be extended to have a new input field
- maxlength=255 size=50
- placeholder: http://[username[:password]@]proxy.example.com[:port]
- The field will be located just after
- The field will accept user macros that can be placed everywhere in the new field
- The field is empty by default
- If the HTTP proxy is not set (empty) then web scenario will not use HTTP proxy
- Zabbix server and proxies should use curl_easy_setopt() with option CURLOPT_PROXY.
- Non-empty HTTP proxy will overwrite proxy related environment variables like HTTP_PROXY if used
- Empty HTTP proxy will not overwrite proxy related environment variables like HTTP_PROXY
- In case of an error executing WEB scenario, Zabbix server will add a new value for item web.test.error['Scenario'] with error details
- WebCheck.get, WebCheck.update will support new field 'http_proxy'
- There will be no specific validations except standard max length check
- Editing of this field on WEB template level will overwrite it downstream
1 new string will be added:
- Add a new field for table 'httptest'
- FIELD |http_proxy |t_varchar(255) | |NOT NULL |ZBX_SYNC,ZBX_PROXY,ZBX_NODATA
- What's new: http://www.zabbix.com/documentation/2.2/manual/introduction/whatsnew220
- Zabbix Manual
- It should be documented that "Non-empty HTTP proxy will overwrite proxy related environment variables like HTTP_PROXY if used"
- It should be documented that "Empty HTTP proxy will not overwrite proxy related environment variables like HTTP_PROXY"
- It should be documented that only simple authentication is supported for HTTP proxy
- Check that user macros are expanded correctly
- If HTTP proxy is set, web scenario should use it
- If HTTP proxy is not set, web scenario won't use any proxies