See www.zabbix.com for the official Zabbix site.
Database watchdog should send more detailed information
Existing message "Zabbix database is down." should be extended to provide more details about database server as well as returned error message.
- Database watchdog will send the following information in case if database is down
Zabbix database is not available
[MySQL|PostgreSQL|Oracle|IBM DB2] database "DBName" is not available Database host: DBHost or localhost if DBHost is not set Database port: DBPort (only produced if DBPort is set and not zero) Error message: <human readable error message, as much details as possible>
- In case of SQLite3 another message will be generated:
SQLite3 database "DBName" is not available Error message: <human readable error message, as much details as possible>
- Update http://www.zabbix.com/documentation/2.2/manual/introduction/whatsnew220
- Document what watchdog is supposed to send (have to find an appropriate location)
- Check under all database engines