See www.zabbix.com for the official Zabbix site.
Events/bugsquash day 3
Bug squash day #3, March 28th 2014
Please add to it, taking into account https://www.zabbix.org/wiki/Bugsquash_Days
You can follow some of the issues below on Jira.
- Sensitively include configuration files in directories -- volter
- Less than ideal LDAP error message on failed log-ins -- volter
- Alerting GUI and alarms does not honour maintenance mode -- volter (Is this issue still valid?)
<Pavels> Yes, this issue is still valid, but we need to give it more thought before fixing it.
- Sorting issues due to positonal arguments being resolved only after sorting -- volter
- Freeze panes on tables, so that the header remains visible when scrolling down -- volter
<Pavels> I like the idea, but it's a pretty big development.
- Allow for easier editing of action conditions -- volter (Probably outdated in the face of ZBXNEXT-1133)
- Improve navigation to triggers and hosts a trigger depends on -- volter
<Ivo> RESOLVED and CLOSED.
<Eduard> In progress..
- Document the potential role of HousekeepingFrequency in connection with the range of history/trends cleanups -- pidzero
- New users should not get a valid default password -- pidzero
<Pavels> This is a pretty big change for bugquashing, but we'll fix it in the nearest feature anyway.
- Notify before saving a message with changed but unsaved operation -- pidzero
- 'Event details' should always be accessable from 'Status of triggers' --pidzero
<Oleg> Will be discussed...
- Undefined Index CGraph->validateItems() in /usr/share/zabbix/api/classes/CGraph.php:731 error on graph configuration --Kodai Terashima
<Eduard> CLOSED as duplicate of ZBX-7809, which in turn is CLOSED
- after editing an item we are returned to a different host --Aleksandrs Saveljevs
<Oleg> CLOSED, will be not fixed
- Minor acknowledgement form layout issue --Pavels Jelisejevs
- Reports - Availability report - Filter by host !group not work! -- Renato Lopes
<Oleg> RESOLVED and TESTED
- "GUI access disabled." message displayed for guest users -- Pavels Jelisejevs
Brought over from previous events
- Denote the maintenance status in various places and separate from the status on the list Configuration/Hosts -- volter
- Indicator if list entry is host or template -- pidzero
<Pavels> This is a complex problem that requires a lot of work. We will not address it for now.
- Mass updating items may lead to (configuration) data loss -- pidzero
- Indicator that output is filtered -- pidzero
- Probably wrong queue calculation for items behind proxies -- pidzero
- Calculation error in 95th percentile -- Attilla
- SNMP trapping is sensitive to whether the host is configured to use the IP address or the host name; Ambiguous documentation -- volter
- Show action name for message actions in event details view -- volter
- AIX procfs parsing is reading truncated information about cmdline using external process -- Bmanojlovic (steki on jira)