See www.zabbix.com for the official Zabbix site.
Events/bugsquash day 4
Bug squash day #4, April 10th 2014
Please add to it, taking into account https://www.zabbix.org/wiki/Bugsquash_Days
- option to hide map name -- pidzero
<pavels> The suggested implementation is very specific, not sure if it will be very useful to other users.
<pavels> A great feature, but it's a big development.
- web monitoring variables are not URL-encoded -- pidzero
- <richlv> after some investigation, this one turned out to be out of scope for bugsquash, see the comment in jira for more detail
- Implement bulk retrieval for JMX items -- pidzero
<asaveljevs> Great improvement, but out of scope for bugsquashing.
<asaveljevs> CLOSED as duplicate of ZBXNEXT-1223.
- Password and passphrase should not be shown in frontend input boxes -- pidzero
- The Template Trigger Name does not appear in Action Conditions search list -- pidzero
<pavels> This is currently on our priority "to do" list, but this is not a bugsquashing issue.
<Oleg> Fixed, but will not implemented
<asaveljevs> Added a comment what LDAP and cURL libraries are needed for, and where SSH linking comes from.
- Graphs are impossible to navigate through (no host indication) -- volter
- Error after sucessfull zabbix_server upgrade - wrong sql command on postgres -- open-future
- Clarify the influence of the disabled state for trigger dependency -- volter
- AIX procfs parsing is reading truncated information about cmdline using external process -- Bmanojlovic (steki on jira)
<asaveljevs> Reviewing patch...
- Links in IT service configuration form must be opened in a new window -- Pavels Jelisejevs
Brought over from previous events
- Document the potential role of HousekeepingFrequency in connection with the range of history/trends cleanups -- pidzero
- 'Event details' should always be accessable from 'Status of triggers' --pidzero
Comment on the last bugsquash days: <Oleg> Will be discussed...
- Notify before saving a message with changed but unsaved operation -- pidzero
- Allow for easier editing of action conditions -- volter (Probably outdated in the face of ZBXNEXT-1133)
- Sorting issues due to positional arguments being resolved only after sorting -- volter
- Sensitively include configuration files in directories -- volter
<richlv> in progress
- Less than ideal LDAP error message on failed log-ins -- volter
- Denote the maintenance status in various places and separate from the status on the list Configuration/Hosts -- volter
- Mass updating items may lead to (configuration) data loss -- pidzero
- Indicator that output is filtered -- pidzero
- <richlv> this is one of my pet usability issues, but i believe it is way too large for bugsquash - we'd have to unify it for all filters
- Probably wrong queue calculation for items behind proxies -- pidzero
- Calculation error in 95th percentile -- Attilla
- SNMP trapping is sensitive to whether the host is configured to use the IP address or the host name; Ambiguous documentation -- volter