See www.zabbix.com for the official Zabbix site.
Events/bugsquash day 9
Bug squash day #9, September 16th 2014
Please add to it, taking into account https://www.zabbix.org/wiki/Bugsquash_Days
Brought over from previous events
- More simple getting of actions list -- pidzero
- Inconsistent font weight used for colons in item filter -- pidzero
- <Oleg> RESOLVED and CLOSED
- Network discovery action implicitly adds hosts -- pidzero
- Order rules by name in 'Discovery rules' popup -- pidzero
- <asaveljevs> According to Krists' comment in the issue, already fixed in 2.4.0.
- <Ivo> RESOLVED and CLOSED
- <Pavels> Fixed in 2.4.
- Rename 'Help' hyperlink to 'Documentation' -- pidzero
- <Pavels> I believe that "Help" is a pretty common label for links and buttons pointing to the documentation and I don't see any reasons to change it. WON'T FIX.
- <Ivo> RESOLVED and CLOSED
- Move event list popup/hint to 'Last change' column -- pidzero
- Customizable dashboard widgets -- pidzero
- <Pavels> Too big for bugsquashing.
- "Provide a way for daemons to (optionally) run in the foreground." -- bmanojlovic
- Web scenario can't be re-linked -- pidzero
- Kilo prefix must be a lower case k -- volter
- <asaveljevs> It might be better to deal with that in https://support.zabbix.com/browse/ZBXNEXT-954 and issues mentioned there.
- Month/minute are shown as "m" -- volter
- <Pavels> Still not sure how to resolve this issue. We'll get back to it.
- net.tcp.service[.perf] simple checks poorly documented -- Tuor
- Password and passphrase should not be shown in frontend input boxes -- pidzero
- <asaveljevs> Nice idea, but this is probably too large for bug squash. Moved to ZBXNEXT.
- Clarify the influence of the disabled state for trigger dependency -- volter
- Document the potential role of HousekeepingFrequency in connection with the range of history/trends cleanups -- pidzero
- 'Event details' should always be accessible from 'Status of triggers' --pidzero
Comment on the bugsquash day#3: <Oleg> Will be discussed...
- Notify before saving a message with changed but unsaved operation -- pidzero
- Allow for easier editing of action conditions -- volter (Probably outdated in the face of ZBXNEXT-1133)
- Sorting issues due to positional arguments being resolved only after sorting -- volter
- <Richlv> this requires reading all records from the db, resolving variables and then dropping the unneeded ones - that will not scale, thus a different solution will be needed. thus it's too large for bugsquashing
- Less than ideal LDAP error message on failed log-ins -- volter
- Denote the maintenance status in various places and separate from the status on the list Configuration/Hosts -- volter
- Probably wrong queue calculation for items behind proxies -- pidzero
- <asaveljevs> Problem not present in Zabbix 2.2 and already closed as "Won't fix" for Zabbix 2.0 prior to this bug squash. CLOSED.
- Calculation error in 95th percentile -- Attilla
- Show action name for message actions in event details view -- volter
- Don't discover disabled interfaces on Windows -- volter
- [PATCH] IT services actions support
- <Richlv> gvy, you could try adding it to the bugsquash agenda with a note that only the initial review is needed at this time :)
- <Pavels> The proposed solution seems to be unclear and uncommon for Zabbix so we wouldn't want to implement it that way. We would probably need to rethink the linkage control to find a better solution.
- <Richlv> as commented in the issue, similar solution is used in mass update already
- <asaveljevs> Done. Documented by Oleksiy. CLOSED.